FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Online Dating

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    LostCarPark.com Forum Index -> Comics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do You try online dating?
Yes
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

TinyMiss20

PostPosted: Tue 21-Feb-2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Online Dating Reply with quote

Many people now use a dating agency, attend events like speed dating nights, or use online dating services.

Do You try online Dating ?
or Adult Dating ?

Wink
Shelly

PostPosted: Tue 21-Feb-2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked What are you implying about comic fans?
James Brophy

PostPosted: Wed 22-Feb-2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: I wouldent slag it off... Reply with quote

I woulden't dismiss it though, one of the most perfectly matched and happiest couples I know, met that way.
Jumbo

PostPosted: Wed 22-Feb-2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some people who use this forum, may have used online dating.

seemed to work out well.

I prefer bars and conventions, myself.

J
Shelly

PostPosted: Wed 22-Feb-2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed "Foot, i'd like to introduce you to mouth. Mouth, meet foot..."

I've spent too much time around the gamers... any mention of 'social interaction' is to be mocked mercilessly...

Embarassed

Jumbo

PostPosted: Wed 22-Feb-2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamers have fun too.

I have seen photos of some of these larp things, and there are no shortage of girls about, one seemed to have thousands of people at it.

One of teh things that is lacking, that SF activities actually have, is a subject material, that one can discuss and chat about, ina social situation.

Conventions ahve always been melting pots, as are to a lesser degree events like teh collectormanaia you were at shelly. Did you know that on saturday night there was a huge crew party, for over 100 volunteers etc, no shortage of 'getting on down' going on.

Many media cons, loose out on that aspect, as people depart for teh hills following purchases, personally, I would love a 'CHILL ZONE' at media conventions, to help that interaction and meting etc.

anyhow, it doesnt really matter how people meet, and to be honest the online thing is just a modrrn adaption of pen pals, or dating agency which have beenn around a while.

J
Shelly

PostPosted: Wed 22-Feb-2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh... I Just 'Knew' we were missing out on something Saturday night... But being up at 5 and loosing my passport sort of put me out of sorts for the day... Even spelled my own name wrong...

But i'd say we'd both of been willing to Volunteer if we knew where to sign up...
Now we get to look into the next one in Milton Keynes.

My minds stuck on stereotypes, though i should know better ... where i work and all...

LARP's are fun, I don't have the patience for them, but yes there are lots of female larpers.
There are female RPG and CCG players as well. But the male to female ratio is higher in these. (This is the case in Cork anyway. )

As to female comic fans? I just am loving the Fangirl Rampage articles.

Jumbo

PostPosted: Wed 22-Feb-2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volunteering - they have a big website forum, with a 'how to' volunteer section, and you just follow the instructions.

they are constantly oversubscribed for helpers, but put down your experience as a shop person.

Strangley, convention I have been ionvolved with of an odd flavour, as oppossed to strictly sf have mostly been 50-50 of a gender mix, especially all the Robert rankin events.

San Diego was crammed with girls, all into cosplay, manga and the media aspects, which are a huge part of teh comic convention, and again there were parties to beat the band there, the best ones being fan run.

Worldcon last year and teh year before ahd a good quotent of ladies present, and again te parties were great, The George R Martin fanclub, borders withour banners has some excellent lady organisers!

true, perhaps in cork and Dublin there are few women into comics, compared to men, I think thats fair enough and also why the mix of media at certain conventions lends itself to a better meeting place.

J
Shelly

PostPosted: Wed 22-Feb-2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess i'll see for myself in november when i go to the Fantasy Con in Austin.
'See a bit more of the world' and all that...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    LostCarPark.com Forum Index -> Comics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: