FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Where do people stand on the WOW funerial crashing?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    LostCarPark.com Forum Index -> Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who are the morons here...
People who attack a memorial service in a game where you can only advance through attacking people.
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
People who hold a memorial service in an enviroment that is geared toward combat instead of a non-violent online space. (a seperated invite only server, Second life, a chatroom)
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

James Brophy

PostPosted: Mon 17-Apr-2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Where do people stand on the WOW funerial crashing? Reply with quote

I'm not a warcraft gamer so if you are can you help me out with this...

A World Of Warcraft gamer dies.
So, people who knew him in the game decide to have a memorial ceramony in world of warcraft. They advertise the event.

Inside a game predicated on people cutting each other up to steal the items of the dead they anounce that they will be standing in a nice big line all vunerable and uncombative.

A clan shows up, having decided to well lets just say, not pay respect.

Video at the botom of the page...
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/04/17/funeral-crashing-in-wow/

Near as I can see it's the equivalent of trying to have a memorial service in the middle of a continuing warzone.

So I ask you all...

Jenny Gerbal

PostPosted: Wed 19-Apr-2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's differant Laughing
Texianstar

PostPosted: Fri 28-Apr-2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of the online funeral gig before, but this is the first one I've seen crashed. I can understand the hurt feelings, but then again it is a player versus player server, so I'm afraid in that enviroment you are fair game... given some of the personalities that play on those servers they shouldn't have been surprised.....bet next time the funeral is in private or they have guards!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    LostCarPark.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: